“Evolution: The Next SMEs”
“THE NEXT SME” is a concept coined to carry the revolutionary ideals and core beliefs for all upcoming endeavours of SMEs. The essence of progressiveness, futurism and disruption are embedded into this concept to serve as beacon for the paradigm shift of SMEs businesses. Change is the only constant, with Evolution as the product. We believe that the dynamics of change bring about innovative, progressive, and forward-looking companies that thrive in the era of Industry 4.0 and new global trade order.
- The company must be incorporated in Malaysia.
- More than 50.0% of the shares of the company are owned by Malaysians (except for Outstanding Achievers Award non-Malaysia category and ASEAN Enterprise Award).
- The company must not be a public listed company (except for Outstanding Achievers Award) or approved for public listing as of 15 September 2019.
- Less than 50.0% of the shares of the company are owned by a public listed company
- The company must be involved in legitimate businesses with annual gross turnover below RM200 million for the financial year ended 2018.
- For company with same owners, group proforma consolidated account is acceptable with the condition that the company or group should be in a single or similar business.
- The company must be in business for at least three (3) years (except for Rising Star Award)
A. BUSINESS AND COMPANY
Awards and accolades won
Unique strengths and selling proposition
Milestones and achievements
B. COMPANY PHILOSOPHIES
Strategies for growth and evolution
Key management team
New initiatives embarked upon
Vision and mission
C. PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND MARKETS
Products and/or services range
Market size and market share
Brand and design development
Customer relationship management plans
Spread and quality of customers
Overseas and local market ratio
D. OPERATIONS AND TECHNOLOGIES
Accreditations e.g. ISO
Research and development
Adoption of information communication technology
Quality of documentation e.g. operating procedures manual
Human capital development
E. FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE
Operating profit before and after tax for the past 3 years
Profit and sales growth
Exports and local sales ratio
Return on capital employed
Profit and sales per employed